Re: FreeBSD EFI projects

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:37:22 -0700
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:33 PM Rebecca Cran <rebecca_at_bluestop.org> wrote:

> Oh, that's a really good point - thanks! I happen to have a Minnowboard
> Turbot currently sitting unused.

One other idea, unrelated to the 32-bit UEFI to boot 64-bit kernel, is to
see about mining tsoome_at_'s port of FreeBSD boot loader to OpenIndiana. He's
done a lot of cool things that would be useful to bring in, but need
someone with a UEFI clue to do it. He's not had the time to get them
reviewed and tested in our environment, if I understand correctly. You
might want to reach out to him to see if there's things that would be
useful. The biggest one I can think of is that his efi show variable code
knows about standard UEFI variables and prints them out interpreted, not in
unhelpful without the standard handy binary form like our loader does.

Warner