Re: resume issues on ALPHA7

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:35:22 -0700
On 9/27/18 12:12 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having issues resuming my system under ALPHA7.  Under ALPHA5 I
> was able to suspend/resume my kabylake laptop without issues, but
> under ALPHA7 when I attempt to resume it seems to lock up (no input
> working from keyboard) requiring a hard reboot of my system.  Not sure
> how I can debug this, so any tips would be appreciated.  Here's my
> current dmesg:
>
> http://termbin.com/y4lk
>
> probably worth noting I've seen those ACPI errors since around ALPHA3
> IIRC.

bumping this thread with an update.  i re-installed my laptop from the
ALPHA7 snapshot to ensure i had a clean env, and am unable to wake from
resume.  i had misspoke regarding ALPHA5, as i tested that as well and
it failed to resume.  my plan is to go back to ALPHA3 and see if it
worked then.

one question, i've enabled:
debug.acpi.resume_beep:1

and it indeed does beep on resume, and does not stop beeping until i hit
power button.  does that ring any bells?

thanks!
-pete

--
Pete Wright