Resume Issue with em(4) ALPHA7

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 10:04:02 -0700
Hello,

More suspend/resume testing on my end.  This system is a desktop, so not
critical for my daily workflow but wanted to flag it regardless.  The
system is a Lenovo m900 with skylake and em(4) NIC.  Entering suspend
works without issues, resuming seems to mostly work as well.  I.e. no
issues with display or input from keyboard or mouse.

The one issue I am running into is my NIC is non-functional after
resume.  restarting the network stack via "service netif restart" does
not work - as in no DHCP lease is aquired and no link is detected.  Nor
does manually down'ing and up'ing the interface work.  I see these
messages in my dmesg buffer after resume:

in6_purgeaddr: err=65, destination address delete failed
lo0: link state changed to DOWN
lo0: link state changed to UP
Link state changed to down
em0: link state changed to DOWN
em0: TX(0) desc avail = 1024, pidx = 0
em0: TX(0) desc avail = 1024, pidx = 0
em0: TX(0) desc avail = 1024, pidx = 0
em0: TX(0) desc avail = 1024, pidx = 0

Another thing I noticed is that after resume "ifconfig" hangs for a
couple seconds printing after printing the first line of my em0 device
(after the flags).  Not sure if that's helpful but thought it could be a
useful datapoint.

It is easy to reproduce this, so I am happy to do any additional
debugging or testing on this.

Cheers,

-pete

--