Re: Kernel regression in head, now unusable for package building

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 11:25:29 +0300
On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 12:10:23AM +0200, Antoine Brodin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a kernel regression in head,  that happened
> somewhere between r343921 and r345991.
Can you bisect ?

I looked over the stated range and I do not see a revision that would be
an obvious candidate for the regression. I could think about r345955,
r345980, and r345982/r345983 as something that might be most interesting
to try.

> When launching "poudriere bulk -a",  the ssh session is terminated
> when poudriere attempts to clone/start builders (tmpfs mounts, file
> copying...),  the jails don't start and the consequence is that we
> can't build any package.
Are there any more details about the issue ?  It is not clear, does the
machine survives the event, i.e. did kernel paniced, what are the console
messages, any more details that you can provide.

Long time ago there was a similarly sound bug where mountd(8) signalled wrong
process, which caused ssh sessions termination.