Re: Question about 'gptzfsboot'

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:30:41 -0400
On 2019-04-29 14:58, Toomas Soome wrote:

> It means you have different issues - one is about gptzfsboot causing boot problems and apparently it got fixed when you did update the bootcode (the boot partition is global). But also you got bitten by DRM update, and since you had old BE around, you were able to load old kernel.
>
> Now the question is, is that gptzfsboot issue really fixed or is it just the “warm boot” fix you were seeing earlier too.

Toomas:

After activating the snapshot made for r346885, I got the same sort of
gptzfsboot errors that I had seen previously.  After my third attempt, I
was finally given the prompt for my Geli password and proceeded to the
boot menu.  I selected item #3 and went to the loader menu.  I selected
booting from kernel.old and got a successful startup.  I have rebooted
this laptop another dozen times this afternoon and had not had any more
gptzfsboot issues since the three observed when re-activating r346885.

It looks like the changes made by Ian Lepore did not solve my problem
with gptzfsboot.  I will probably start another thread about my issue
with the DRM update.

Thanks for the assistance.

Tom

--