Re: GPT boot has less features than legacy MBR-based one (Was: UEFI, loader.efi and /boot.config)

From: Ian Lepore <ian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 10:57:48 -0600
On Fri, 2019-01-18 at 21:24 +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> On 18.01.2019 21:14, Toomas Soome wrote:
>
> > errm.. you press a key and enter device and or loader path. if it is not working - the code is there to be fixed.
>
>  And loader looks to "bootme" attribute and try to boot from partition
> which has one, even if it is loaded from other partition itself.

I am catching up, very late, on this old thread.  What Toomas was
describing does work, but it was broken for a long time.  It got fixed
in r341071 last November.

I hate the syntax, but at the gptboot boot prompt (boot:) you can enter
"da(D,P)" and gptboot will run loader(8) from that drive number D,
partition number P, and (after r341071) it will pass that info properly
so that loader(8) will attempt to load the kernel from the same
drive/partition.

IMO, it would be nice if "currdev syntax" worked too, so you could just
enter disk3p4 or similar.  I may look into adding that to the code.

-- Ian