r350583 - init died (signal 6, exit 0)

From: Trond Endrestøl <trond.endrestol_at_ximalas.info>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 14:53:04 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed the kernel being unable to spawn init lately?

All I get is:

init died (signal 6, exit 0)
panic: Going nowhere without my init!

/sbin/init hasn't had any changes in 4 months, and is present in /sbin
in the new BE.

I've tried and failed in VBox at home this weekend, and in Citrix
Hypervisor 8 at $WORK today. I think we can rule out the hypervisors.

Last known working revision is r350400.

There are numerous kernel changes between r350400 and r350583. I'll
try each revision in succession and see if I can identify any
culprits.

--
Trond.