Re: kernel module code coverage

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:41:10 +0000
--------
In message <b233b3e5-e2ac-8dce-5552-43bac9f8a5cc_at_FreeBSD.org>, Slava Shwartsman writes:

>Apparently, Bullseye are dropping support for FreeBSD.
>
>We are looking for an alternative for kernel module run time analysis.
>Mostly interested in code coverage (for now).
>
>Any suggestions that work for you?

Back in early days, I fixed it so that all the BB-counter blocks
in the kernel were linked into a list which could be read out through
/dev/(k)mem, and I belive I added a program to do that, named
something like "kernbb".

Today I would probably have made a subtree under sysctl where the counters
could be pulled out per source-file...