Re: FUSE Call for Testing

From: Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 15:38:06 +0200
On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 06:49:36 -0600
Alan Somers <asomers_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

[snip test results]

> Thanks for the report, Gary.  BTW, fusefs mounts are only
> interruptible when mounted with "-o intr".  If you didn't use that
> option, then the signal would only interrupt cp after the write to
> fusefs was done.  Also, not every fuse file system supports
> interrupts.  Looking through its sources, I don't think that
> fusefs-ntfs does.

I'm not convinced of that.  I interrupted the 5.2GiB transfer
several times to try out different UBLIO environment settings
and it stopped pretty much immediately.  I also did not use
mount but rather a direct invocation of ntfs-3g.

I suspect that ntfs-3g stops after the interrupt once it has
flushed the UBLIO buffers.

--
Gary Jennejohn (gj_at_)