Re: Boot still broken from r349133-r349160 - Was re:(Problem with USB after r349133)

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:11:53 +0300
On 13/08/2019 16:31, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> 1) AcpiUtAcquireMutex() doesn't support recursion, but also fails to
> report an error when such a condition is occurring. Here is the
> backtrace of the illegal mutex recursion.

I have an old patch that replaces hand-rolled ACPI platform primitives
with thin wrappers around the standard kernel primitives.  It covers
locks and memory allocation.
I don't recall what objections there were when I originally proposed
that change.  I still think that it is a good idea.  The kernel code has
quite a bit more testing and tooling around it than the ACPI-only things.

--
Andriy Gapon