Re: Stop installing /usr/bin/clang

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 11:22:05 +0100
On 16/08/2019 10:10, Konstantin Belousov wrote:

> You did not read neither review summary nor followups.

This is needlessly insulting and this kind of attitude from you towards
people on the mailing lists is one of the main reasons that my
engagement with the FreeBSD project tends to be in brief bursts.  If
this were a one-off, then I would be happy to assume that you were
unusually stressed, but this is a long-term repeated pattern of behaviour.

I was not aware that devel/llvm was anything other than a meta-port that
installed the latest devel/llvm{version} (I have only ever installed the
packages when I need a specific version and so do not have the
devel/llvm port installed).  You could have clarified that.  Instead,
you chose to launch a personal attack.

You are not Linus and the FreeBSD project does not need a Linus.

David