Re: Lost user database after bungled upgrade

From: Ryan Stone <rysto32_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 20:09:45 -0400
On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 6:40 PM Ian Lepore <ian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Or maybe in your case the files are fine and it really is a uid
> problem.  But a "pkg check -s -a" as suggested in the PR couldn't hurt.
> :)

I did have some problems here, but unfortunately re-installing the
affected packages (and confirming that a subsequent run of pkg check
showed no more problems) didn't resolve my issue.  I'm also seeing
errors like this:

pkg: sqlite error while executing UPDATE packages SET name=?1  WHERE
name=?2; in file pkg_jobs.c:1731: UNIQUE constraint
failed: packages.name
pkg: sqlite error while executing UPDATE packages SET name=?1  WHERE
name=?2; in file pkg_jobs.c:1731: UNIQUE constraint
failed: packages.name
pkg: sqlite error while executing UPDATE packages SET name=?1  WHERE
name=?2; in file pkg_jobs.c:1731: UNIQUE constraint
failed: packages.name
pkg: sqlite error while executing UPDATE packages SET name=?1  WHERE
name=?2; in file pkg_jobs.c:1731: UNIQUE constraint
failed: packages.name
pkg: sqlite error while executing UPDATE packages SET name=?1  WHERE
name=?2; in file pkg_jobs.c:1731: UNIQUE constraint
failed: packages.name

So unfortunately it looks like something is corrupted somewhere.