Re: How to regenerate syscall tables ?

From: Kyle Evans <kevans_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 19:21:31 -0600
On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 6:03 PM Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on today stable/12 with src of today HEAD.  Trying to add a new
> syscall, and then regenerating the files, I did 'make buildworld',
> then
>
> orion% make sysent                                          ~/build/bsd/DEV/src
> make -C /usr/home/kostik/work/build/bsd/DEV/src/sys/kern sysent
> flua ../tools/makesyscalls.lua syscalls.master
> make[2]: exec(flua) failed (No such file or directory)
> *** Error code 1
>
> What is missing ?

Discussed out-of-bounds, but for list reference: flua is built as
bootstrap on older versions, so it will get built with bootstrap or
buildworld targets and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX of sysent target must match
what bootstrap/world was built with. I'll MFC flua itself within the
next couple of days to make the process easier on stable branches.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans