Re: CAM breaks USB [was Re: USB causing boot to hang]

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 18:11:48 -0800
On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 01:16:13AM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> There is an option you can compile into the kernel which will allow the
> keyboard to enter the debugger.
>
> options	ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
>
> Sounds to me like either a leaked refcount or that one thread is
> spinning blocking execution of other threads.

I tried setting the sysctls

hw.usb.umass.debug: 1
hw.usb.xhci.debug: 1
hw.usb.uhci.debug: 1
hw.usb.ohci.debug: 1
hw.usb.ehci.debug: 1

but when I rebooted I forgot to request a verbose boot.
There was no apparent debugging output to the console.
I try again on Monday to get additional information.

--
Steve