Re: "Oddness" in head since around r343678 or so

From: Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd_at_daemonic.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 16:35:06 +0100
On 2019-02-08 10:27, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently noticed some generic slowness myself. I experienced this
> during replacing disks in a raidz by bigger ones. Long story short,
> check top -s if you have vnlru running for a long period at high CPU...
> If yes increase kern.maxvnodes (I increased to 10 times). Note, we
> should improve the admin page in the FAQ, the vnlru entry could need a
> little bit more hints and explanations.
>
> If you encounter the same issue we have probably introduced a change
> somewhere with an unintended side effect.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Hi!
I'm seeing this as well, on 13-CURRENT.  I updated a computer from the
last January snapshot (30 or 31 of January, I can't remember) and it
seems disk IO is very slow.  I remember having a svn checkout taking a
very long time, with the SVN process pegged at 100% according to top.  I
can't see the vnlru process running though, but I haven't looked
closely, and I haven't tried the maxvnodes workaround.  Something has
changed though.
This is systems using ZFS, both mirror and single disk.  Gstat shows
disks are mostly idle.

I know this is a lousy bug report, but this, and the feeling that things
are slower than usual, is what I have for now.
Regards