Re: drm2 removed?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:51:26 -0800
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 06:42:29PM +0100, Niclas Zeising wrote:

> > The patch allows the port to be built.
> >
> > kldloading the i915kms module causes a 'black screen
> > of death'
> >
> Hi!
> I assume you load the kernel module either manually with kldload or
> using kld_list in rc.conf, not by loading it from the loader?
> So there is two bugs?  One bug is that the kernel hangs while booting,
> and the other is that you get a black screen when loading the drm module
> after the kernel is mostly done booting?

Things have gone sideways.  Dumbed down CPUTYPE to pentiumpro
for my Core2 duo.  Spent all afternoon rebuilding kernel/world.
Rebuilt the following ports with new world:

drm-legacy-kmod-g20190109
gpu-firmware-kmod-g20181104
libXxf86vm-1.1.4_3
xf86-input-keyboard-1.9.0_3
xf86-input-mouse-1.9.3_2
xf86-video-intel-2.99.917.20181203
xf86-video-vesa-2.4.0_2
xorg-server-1.18.4_11,1

Load /boot/modules/i915kms.ko either manually or from rc.conf,
results in a panic.  The system didn't create a crash dump as
I was expecting.  A hand transcribed jpeg of panic screen

cpuid = 0: apic id = 00
fault virtual address  = 0x89000010
fault code             = supervisor write data, page not present
instruction pointer    = 0x20:0xcc277a
stack pointer          = 0x28:0xa3cebd4
frame pointer          = 0x28:0xa3cec20
code segment           = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags       = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process        = 0 (thread taskq)
trap number            = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
time = 1549933942
KDB: stack backtrace
db_trace_self_wrapper
kdb_backtrace
vpanic
panic
trap_fatal
trap_pfault
trap
calltrap
--- trap 0xc, eip = 0xcc277a, esp = 0x3cebd4, ebp = 0x3cec20
vmem_periodic(0,1,c671ce,a5ad79c,0,...) at vmem_periodic+0x18a/
taskqueue_run_locked
taskqueue_thread_loop
fork_exit
fork_trampoline() at 0xffc033ba/frame 0xa3cecd4
-- trap 0, eip = 0, esp = 0xa3ced20, ebp
(null)() at 0

--
Steve