Re: problem building dev/e1000

From: Enji Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:02:35 -0800
> On Feb 15, 2019, at 11:47, Robert Huff <roberthuff_at_rcn.com> wrote:
>
> Lev Serebryakov writes:
>
>>> My question would be: why? If some drivers have a new
>>> dependency on iflib, why isn't that expressed in sys/conf/files
>>> and handled automatically?
>>
>>  My question exactly.
>
>    I am so glad people who know what they're talking about have the
> same response I did.  :-)

I totally missed the part where Robert said he was compiling it into the kernel. Also, I remember the days when drivers didn’t automatically compile in dependent options (example: “device re” requires “device miibus”). I guess things have changed a bit in the past year [while I was away] with some drivers?
Thanks,
-Enji