uname -a output without svn revision number

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 06:52:18 +0100
Hello,

I've compiled CURRENT from svn and this gave me as 'uname -a' output:

FreeBSD c720-r342378 13.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT r342378 GENERIC  amd64

Now I've had do modify a source file (to nail down some problem) and the
revision number went away from the output; it now says:

FreeBSD c720-r342378 13.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT GENERIC  amd64

Why is this? I've read in UPDATING that:

20180913:
        Reproducible build mode is now on by default, in preparation for
        FreeBSD 12.0.  This eliminates build metadata such as the user,
        host, and time from the kernel (and uname), unless the working tree
        corresponds to a modified checkout from a version control system.
        The previous behavior can be obtained by setting the /etc/src.conf
        knob WITHOUT_REPRODUCIBLE_BUILD.

But this does not explain why now the SVN revision number went away.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru_at_unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
October, 7 -- The GDR was different: Peace instead of Bundeswehr and wars, Druschba