Re: config files break after mergemaster -Ui

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 09:30:41 -0800
In message <f265637965226ad0ac008c5c05fcfc78643c7b89.camel_at_ovh.fr>,
White Wizar
d writes:
> Hi,
> i break my config file, peraps /etc/group when un mergemaster.
> No concentrate to that i do and ask bad anwsers.

If it's simply group, then /usr/src/etc/group would be your starting
point.

> How can i re-install défault config files ? Now i just single user's
> access. When i try to login root, before pass's ask the system say me
> invalid login...

Sounds like /etc/passwd also got hosed.

While single user, try the -s option of mergemaster. This compares each
file line by line instead of the SVN revision number.

This assumes that /etc actually exists and assumes that your root
filesystem is, except for this, generally ok. It's suggested that you
ascertain the state of the filesystem first and nothing else is missing
or damaged before attempting any further recovery.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>