Re: UEFI, loader.efi and /boot.config

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 07:27:22 -0800 (PST)
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2019, 12:49 AM Kurt Jaeger <pi_at_opsec.eu wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > > With a recent change I made for UEFI, we now install loader.efi onto the
> > ESP and don???t run boot1. That means that /boot.config is no longer read,
> > and so console settings need to be put in /boot/loader.conf
> >
> > Which change is that ?
> >

> Moving from boot1.efi to loader.efi. loader.efi never looked at it.
> loader.efi honors the uefi env vars to set the console which replaces the
> old way.

So it sounds like what we need is some documentation that covers:

a)  If your using mbr/bios boot and /boot.config you need to move
your settings from /boot.config to /boot/loader.conf

or

b)  If your using uefi boot and /boot.config you need to migrate
your settings from /boot.config to uefi env vars foo bar and zep

Or did I get loss in the twisty maze of changes?

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org