Re: Multiport serial card Exsys EX-44388, where are the devices ?

From: Kurt Jaeger <lists_at_opsec.eu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 08:59:12 +0100
Hi!

> >> The problem is that the found 4 uarts are not 8 uarts, and they do not
> >> seem to work (tested using kermit), either 8-(

> >> Any hints on how to debug this ?

> > You need to look to get the register width right.

> Hit send too quick... I was going to say you needed to make sure that the
> register width and strides were right, but they look to be because NetBSD
> has
[...]
> for this card. so there's 4 UARTs per bar, like you are seeing. You have
> DEFAULT_RCLK * 8. COM_FREQ in NetBSD is defined:
> sys/dev/ic/comreg.h:#define COM_FREQ 1843200 /* 16-bit baud rate divisor */

Ok, I modified it and rebooted. The behaviour is still the same. I'll retest
more thoroghly in the next 48 hours.

Any idea why uart(4) finds 4 without the puc modification and why it
detects 8 uarts with 16750 with the modification ?

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    One year to go !