Re: Someone broke USB

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 13:36:35 -0700
On Sun, Jul 07, 2019 at 09:10:00PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 2019-07-07 20:58, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > I assume the pause goes after "max--;" statement.  I also
> > assume you want the info with the sysctl removed from
> > /boot/loader.conf.
>
> You can play with it and see what happens.

Built kernel with pause() added, and commented out the
sysctl in /boot/loader.conf.  One reboot took a long
time to get to the a login prompt, but all of my USB
devices were found.  A few reboots appeared to hang
after probing the USB mouse (or perhaps I was too
impatient).

On a side note, it seems the wpi0 mapped to wlan0
is now unstable.  Luckily, I have an ath(4) pccard
that I can use instead of the builtin wifi of the
laptop.  The joys of current. :-)

--
Steve