RE: undefined symbol: random_source_register during kernel compilation

From: M&S - Krasznai András <Krasznai.Andras_at_mands.hu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 07:22:25 +0000
Good morning!
I found a problem rather quickly: the compilation complains about a missing libcasper.h file. (/usr/include/capsicum_helpers.h references libcasper.h, and not from the sources but from the installed system.

The problem is that casper is a feature which can be switched off (and on again) in /etc/src.conf, but I suppose that if I switch it BACK, thatis if I want it to compile casper again (remove the WITHOUT_CASPER=YES line from src.conf, e.g.), then the sources for casper should be there somewhere in my freshly synchonized source tree.

(and it is: libcasper.h is in /usr/src/lib/libcasper/libcasper  but compilation supposes that it has already been installed into /usr/include).

Now I try to compile GENERIC with my original src.conf, which switches off the CASPER, and see what happens.

rgds
Andras Krasznai