Re: Boot still broken from r349133-r349160 - Was re:(Problem with USB after r349133)

From: Clay Daniels Jr. <clay.daniels.jr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 20:45:31 -0500
Rodney, you are right that the .iso "should work", and a lot of other
projects, from Microsoft Windows 10 to Trident BSD only a furnish an iso,
and no img file. FreeBSD is one of the few that give you both choices. The
problem goes deeper than any one operating system. If you've ever used the
Rufus tool to make a bootable usb, which is all Rufus does, you may have
come across problems with "mount root". I found this article, answered by a
Rufus developer very enlightening.
https://superuser.com/questions/1170832/why-are-there-different-options-for-creating-bootable-usb-compared-to-a-cd

I have a collection of usb thumbdrives here at my desk, and use them a lot,
but I also bought me some blank dvd disks and use them too.

But I think you are right, Nick Wolff's problem may be a a bug to be
reported. All I know is I took the same file,
FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20190725-r350322-disc1.iso
<https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/snapshots/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20190725-r350322-disc1.iso>
, burned it to a dvd, and I'm now writing this email from the FreeBSD
13.0-CURRENT r350322 partition of my computer.

Clay