Re: One True Awk upgrade

From: Shawn Webb <shawn.webb_at_hardenedbsd.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 13:06:51 -0400
On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 10:55:41AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> I'm upgrading the in-tree version of one-true-awk. Normally, this isn't a
> problem, but there's a number of small differences I'm still trying
> to figure out due to our... contorted history. Some of the revisions we had
> in the vendor branch of our repo were accepted as-is, some completely, and
> some not yet, We've also added bug fixes we've found, as well as fixes from
> other BSDs, which has also caused at least one unexplained difference.
>
> I should have it sorted out in the next day or so, but wanted to give a
> heads up. I doubt anybody would notice, but each of the differences is
> going to take a little time to sort out, chase back to the failing case,
> work out with upstream if there's a bug or not, etc. There's also a small
> window between r348513 and r348515 where the tree fails to build (due to
> svn's commit subtree vs git's commit while tree differences).
>
> Also, I've not tagged this as such, but my plans are to MFC to 12 next
> week, and to 11 after 11.3R goes out the door.

Hey Warner,

Thanks for maintaining one-true-awk in the tree! I was planning on
publishing a new binary update of 13-CURRENT for HardenedBSD users.
Should I hold off until the dust settles?

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

Tor-ified Signal:    +1 443-546-8752
Tor+XMPP+OTR:        lattera_at_is.a.hacker.sx
GPG Key ID:          0xFF2E67A277F8E1FA
GPG Key Fingerprint: D206 BB45 15E0 9C49 0CF9  3633 C85B 0AF8 AB23 0FB2