Re: One True Awk upgrade

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 15:37:16 -0600
On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 10:55 AM Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com> wrote:

> I'm upgrading the in-tree version of one-true-awk. Normally, this isn't a
> problem, but there's a number of small differences I'm still trying
> to figure out due to our... contorted history. Some of the revisions we had
> in the vendor branch of our repo were accepted as-is, some completely, and
> some not yet, We've also added bug fixes we've found, as well as fixes from
> other BSDs, which has also caused at least one unexplained difference.
>
> I should have it sorted out in the next day or so, but wanted to give a
> heads up. I doubt anybody would notice, but each of the differences is
> going to take a little time to sort out, chase back to the failing case,
> work out with upstream if there's a bug or not, etc. There's also a small
> window between r348513 and r348515 where the tree fails to build (due to
> svn's commit subtree vs git's commit while tree differences).
>
> Also, I've not tagged this as such, but my plans are to MFC to 12 next
> week, and to 11 after 11.3R goes out the door.

OK. I've resolved all the diffs between the git-tree I had and what made it
into the tree. the upgrade is now complete, and I've pushed my notion of
what awk should be to the bsd-ota branch in
https://github.com/bsdimp/awk.git I'll work on folding them into upstream,
although some of them are quite old and I'm unsure if they are appropriate
for upstream...

Warner