Re: Enabling synaptics and elantech touchpads by default

From: Greg V <greg_at_unrelenting.technology>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 02:33:27 +0300
On June 3, 2019 11:31:21 PM GMT+03:00, Niclas Zeising <zeising_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>Hi!
>I've created a reveiew, https://reviews.freebsd.org/D20507, to enable
>synaptics and elantech touchpads by default.
>
>Today, these tunables needs to be set on boot for users to get full use
>
>of their touchpads, even when using X.  By enabling this, things like
>two finger scroll will work in X by default, meaning we get a more user
>
>friendly appearance.
>
>Is there any reason not to do this?

Probably buggy hardware, as usual?

But the ONLY system I ever saw a problem on is the ASUS Eee PC 900 (where elantech support breaks all mouse movement). Which is an extremely irrelevant joke of a machine. I only booted it for the nostalgia/laughs/dmesgd.nycbug posts.

Definitely +1 to enabling by default. Reducing the amount of tunables required for modern desktop use is very good.