Re: pkg: Cannot open /dev/null:No such file or directory

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:54:03 -0700 (PDT)
> On 04/06/2019 06:32, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > As far as I know,, the package installation is performed via "chroot'ed"
> > environment and somehow /dev/null is out of a sudden not accessible anymore
> > while pkg tries to delegate some output to /dev/null.
>
> Assuming you're chroot'd to /chroot, then:
>
>     mount -t devfs devfs /chroot/dev

Perhaps it is time to update the documentation in chroot(8) to
at least provide a pointer to the fact you now need to do either
the above, or somehow populate a /chroot/dev directory?

Can you even still statically create device nodes and have that
work, or is that now totally imposible with the full conversion
to devfs?

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org