Re: ZFS no longer mounted in alphanumerical order

From: Trond Endrestøl <Trond.Endrestol_at_fagskolen.gjovik.no>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:55:45 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:27+0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> On 12/03/2019 11:37, Trond Endrestøl wrote:
> > # Parallel mounting of ZFS filesystems leaves a chaotic listing of
> > # mounted filesystems when viewed by df(1).
>
> df reports filesystems in the order they were mounted.
> If you unmount and remount a filesystem or mount a new filesystem, you can see
> it for yourself.  Also, if you ever used fstab then you could see that too.
> Just because previously the output happened to look like it was sorted does not
> mean that it was or that there was such an intention.

I am aware of all of this. I was caught by surprise when my ZFS
filesystems appeared partially ordered.

I know that / and /dev are mounted by the kernel, and sometime later
the remaining UFS/ZFS filesystems, and I also have a few synthetic
filesystems mounted late in the boot process, and the latter ones
(still) appear at the end of df(1)'s output.

Order has somewhat been restored. Maybe it's no biggie.

--
Trond.