Re: ZFS no longer mounted in alphanumerical order

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:48:39 +0200
On 12/03/2019 18:40, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
>> On 12/03/2019 11:37, Trond Endrest?l wrote:
>>> # Parallel mounting of ZFS filesystems leaves a chaotic listing of
>>> # mounted filesystems when viewed by df(1).
>>
>> df reports filesystems in the order they were mounted.
>> If you unmount and remount a filesystem or mount a new filesystem, you can see
>> it for yourself.  Also, if you ever used fstab then you could see that too.
>> Just because previously the output happened to look like it was sorted does not
>> mean that it was or that there was such an intention.
>
> Valid point.  So how do I control the order of mounts of zfs?

If you really want / need / have to do it, then disable ZFS auto mounting in one
of multiple ways (zfs_enable="NO", canmount=noauto, mountpoint=legacy) and use
your own script or fstab to mount ZFS filesystems.

Personally, I do not see any reason to do that as long as all my ZFS filesystems
are properly mounted at expected mount points.

--
Andriy Gapon