Re: kqueue send over unix socket?

From: Mark Johnston <markj_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 17:52:25 -0400
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 04:10:19PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> I'm working with Aki Tuomi of Dovecot and he asks:
>
> I tried to ask if you could ask from some Kernel hacker why I cannot
> send kqueue() fd over unix socket, I get "Operation not supported".
>
> Can anyone help me?

What exactly do you want to know?  Events registered on a kqueue may
contain state associated with the process that registered them.  For
example, the identifier for some events is a file descriptor, but
different processes generally don't share their file descriptor tables.
Note that kqueue descriptors are not inherited by the child of a fork()
either.