From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 10:41:28 -0400
List

I have a graphics issue since about CURRENT r346025.  Kernel loading DRM
kills 2 different computers.  My i5 Skylake works, but my Atom D510
desktop and laptop Core2-duo both have this common issue.  When the DRM
kernel module is loaded, I get a 'black screen' on the console and am
not able to login via ssh to shutdown the PC.  If I comment out the
kldload DRM statement in rc.conf a boot is possible.  I get the same
result 'black screen of death' when starting X without DRM being loaded.

I am reporting this a little late because of another issue.  I am
working with some committers on a gptzfsboot problem and thought that
this DRM issue would have been discovered and fixed by someone else in
the last few weeks.  I updated to CURRENT r347183 this morning and
updated all of my packages and ports at the same time.  This problem is
still present.  I don't know how to isolate this issue.  Is it a
framebuffer problem in the kernels after r346025, Current-DRM-kmod, or
the Intel driver "xf86-video-intel-2.99.917.20181203".

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1