Re: RFC w.r.t. toggling debugging on/off for mountd via a signal

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 16:00:58 +0000
Cy Schubert wrote:
[lots of stuff snipped]
>Instead of syslog() calls, DTrace probes are designed for this type of instrumentation.

DTrace us way too obscure for me. Never used it, probably never will.
(Remember I'm the guy who still uses "ed" to edit all my text files, because screen
 editors like "vi" are too obscure for me.;-)

If you want to volunteer to replace the syslog() calls in the patch with DTrace stuff
(the patch is attached to PR#237860 and the calls are uses of the macro called
 LOGDEBUG) and create a simple explanation of how to enable/disable it,
feel free to do so.

rick