Re: Reverting -current by date.

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 09:48:54 -0800
On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 09:38:53AM -0800, bob prohaska wrote:
> >From time to time it would be handy to revert freebsd-current to
> an older, well-behaved revision.
>
> Is there a mechanism for identifying revision numbers that
> will at least compile and boot, by date?
>
> In my case buildworld seems to be markedly slower than, say,
> six months ago. Maybe it's hardware, maybe something else. Is
> there a way to pick a revision number to revert to, that's
> better than merely guessing?
>
> Thanks for reading,

This is not anything "official," but for whatever it may be worth, I
have been in the habit of tracking head and recent stable branches on a
couple of machines on a daily basis, and part of that process for the
last few years has been to update some files that may be found at
http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/

In particular,
http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/laptop_uname_amd64.13.txt
shows the revisions that worked for me on my laptop;
http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/freebeast_uname_amd64.13.txt
shows the same for a headless "build machine."

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Why is Trump trying to keep salient information from House investigators?