Re: g_vfs_done():ufs/rootfs[WRITE flood on rpi3

From: Kyle Evans <kevans_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 16:41:46 -0600
On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 4:37 PM bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net> wrote:

> While compiling a kernel at r354909 using a system at
> r354845 the serial console flooded with messages of the
> form
> g_vfs_done():ufs/rootfs[WRITE(offset=266534912, length=32768)]error = 5
>
> occasionally interspersed with
>
> mmcsd0: Error indicated: 1 Timeout
> g_vfs_done():ufs/rootfs[WRITE(offset=268697600, length=32768)]emmcsd0: Error indicated: 1 Timeout
>
> It looked like the microSD card had finally failed, but breaking to
> the debugger and rebooting seems to have recovered normally: The kernel
> build picked up where it left off and the new kernel appears to boot
> and run.
>
> The console output follows, the "Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint"
> messages are an artifact of an old Dell keyboard. :

Hi,

The revisions noted are a good data point, thanks! Can you try
upgrading the kernel past r354875 before I revert the most likely
candidate up to that point? Perhaps with this patch applied, to make
sure you're not hitting an interrupt race that's hard to deduce from
logs: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D22430.diff

More than willing to build a kernel as described and put up for you to
download, as well, if you'd accept that.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans