GCC 8.x or 9.x for FreeBSD rv64imafdc ??

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke_at_blastwave.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 08:57:20 +0000
     I will cross post this as there are very few options left.
rv64imafdc folks :

I will send this out to the only people and places that are likely to
not simply be a black hole from which nothing ever returns.  However
most of my messages do just die on the mail lists with no reply from
anyone ever and that is very true for the gcc maillists for anything
RISC-V related. I wish I knew why.

I am able to checkout and cross compile FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT r354873
however there is no compiler. I looked. The output destination rootfs
shows no signs of LLVM/Clang and certainly not gcc of any flavor.

I do see wonderful things like :

https://github.com/freebsd-riscv/riscv-gcc/commit/be9abee2aaa919ad8530336569d17b5a60049717

However nothing actually usable by any user out here in the more or less
real world that is not inside SiFive or similar.

So is there any place at all that one may attain a compiler or am I left
to decipher the horrific mess that is known as the Canadian cross
compiler bootstrap which has never worked for me.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC