Re: Troubles with the X-Server on an RADEON GPU 240

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 09:42:35 -0700
On 10/2/19 9:36 AM, Miranda Maria Sophie Van den Breukelingen wrote:
> Revision: svn'd but not yet built 353009 on CURRENT GENERIC;
> built: xorg-xserver; llvm-devel
>
> X -configure log tells, can't open dev/io; falling back to scfb
> no screens found
>
> /etc/rc.conf: kld_load="amdgpu".
>
> sddm:
> xauth in sloop...
>
> kernel rebuilt?
I would make sure you've installed the drm-kmod pkg, it is not clear to
me that you have done this yet as per above.  This should install the
appropriate kernel drivers, just make sure you read the pkg message
after installing it (esp making sure you are a member of the "video" group).

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete_at_nomadlogic.org