Re: ZFS with 32-bit, non-x86 kernel

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke_at_blastwave.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 15:06:52 -0400
On 10/4/19 10:05 AM, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Does anyone use ZFS with a 32-bit kernel, that is also not i386 ?
> If you do, could you please let me know?  Along with uname -rmp output.
> Thank you!

I don't know if that has even been attempted by anyone. The ZIL and ZFS
log comonents require substantial amounts of memory and I am not aware
of anyone with arm devices that have 8GB+ of memory. I have had FreeBSD
current on RISC-V running fairly well with ZFS however that was a purely
rv64imafdc architecture.

I will watch this thread with curiosity.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC