Re: 2 things; a cool crash log of my grandmother-laptop, that's plasma's now bricked; vmn0 not X -configuring

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 17:27:19 -0700
On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 01:46:10AM +0200, Miranda van den Breukelingen wrote:
> 1. First this happened today on my old Dell laptop:
>
> https://pastebin.com/esMKFz63
>
> any suggestions, when booting with 3530XX nothing happens; is it
> fuse_ko? the kernel? at the very end of the boot process, booting with
> older version of kernel works, but lightdm nearly and plasma bricked.

panic: Assertion in_epoch(net_epoch_preempt) failed at /usr/home/src/head/sys/netinet6/in6.c:1554

is an issue that has been addressed in recent commits (by glebius_at_).

I was able to revert back to older copies of kernel & loader, update
sources, and perform a source-based upgrade, and that's what I would do
if I encountered what you did.

Ref. <http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20191008121519.GS1263> and
<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20191009120451.GK1263>.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
"A refusal to co-operate with a constitutionally mandated process can