Re: Lockdown adaX numbers to allow booting ?

From: O'Connor, Daniel <darius_at_dons.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 21:43:34 +1030
> On 14 Oct 2019, at 19:08, Kurt Jaeger <pi_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!

>>> The disks are not gpart-formatted, they are used raw.
>>
>> What file system are they formatted with?
>
> ZFS, see
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2019-September/074398.html

Given this:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2019-September/074395.html

I think your problem is far earlier than changing ada probe order will help.

It would seem more likely to be a BIOS or BTX problem :(

I would definitely try moving ada0 and ada1 to the first SATA ports to see if that helps.

Does anything show up on the VGA console?

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."