Re: sweeping change over all NIC drivers

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 02:25:15 +0000
from Gleb Smirnoff:

> I'd like to commit a sweeping change over all NIC drivers,
> details can be found here:

> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D21943

> The stack changes froim the review are already committed,
> only a bunch of drivers are left. You can browse them as
> individual commits here:

> https://github.com/glebius/FreeBSD/commits/if_foreach_maddr

> Although changes are close to trivial, there is always a place
> for a mistake. So reviewing is appreciated. Testing is even
> more appreciated. Here is list of drivers affected (65 total):

(re and rtwn included but not rsu)

I built FreeBSD 12-stable and current five months ago, and they have been sitting rather idle because of no internet access with current, and possible but very awkward with 12-stable.

Only good thing I got was efibootmgr.

I assume these changes are only for FreeBSD-current now and have to be tested and proven before committing to releng 12.

But I am working on other things now on the computer and will not be able to get to FreeBSD-current immediately.

Tom