Re: r353072 > r353427 > r353709

From: Clay Daniels <clay.daniels.jr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 20:59:37 -0500
On 10/20/19 3:42 AM, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> This is a patch to a file used in the port itself, not to the kernel
> sources under /usr/src/sys. This should be pretty clear from this line
> in the referenced link to the posting in freebsd-current: # cat
> files/patch-linuxkpi_gplv2_src_linux__page.c In other words, the patch
> must be put in the files directory in the port itself.

Gary, THANKS VERY MUCH! My problem is not yet solved, but I now see what
a patch involves, and can repeat the procedure.  It make sense now. The
ports are really shell directories anyway, with just a makefile & some
description files. And you gave me the filename I  needed to copy to a
thumbdrive, move it to the other computer and copy it to the ~/drm-kmod
directory.

This is what I have now, after successfully installing (making) the
drm-kmod port, writing kld-list="amdgpu" in /etc/rc.conf, and with or
without the /boot/loader line hw.syscons.disable=1, it will reboot , so
I installed xorg, rebooted and tried to run startx. It gives:

panic: vm_page_assert_busied: page (long##'s) not exculsive busy _at_
/usr/src/sys/vm/vmpage.c

etc...

Anyway, I have not wasted my time, and hopefully not anyone else's
either, because I learned something useful. Thanks,

Clay