Re: panic: No vop_need_inactive

From: Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 15:50:15 +0200
On 01/09/19 15:25, Evilham wrote:

> FWIW: I am not 100% sure I it's the same panic, I am missing a cable ATM
> to get a full dump, but I do think they sound very similar.

I'm not using serial communications to get dumps, not necessary anymore.

You can have the kernel debugger output this information to disk (in
/var/crash) using the "textdump dump" command.

You can also usse the capture buffer in ddb to perform other operations
and have the screen output saved in a buffer.

This is all documented in ddb(4) and textdump(4)

(regarding the crash it has been reported as fixed in a later commit)

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_freebsd.org>