Re: AMD & 13.0 Current

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:15:51 -0700
On 9/15/19 4:14 PM, CSO_at_riseup.net wrote:

>> The other thing to note, is that for 13.0 Current they both need a line in
>> /boot/loader.conf:
>> hw.syscons..disable=1
> Why is this line needed and for what purposes?

This issue, and the one it links to, go a bit towards describing the issue:
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm/issues/127

I have to use the workaround as well, which isn't ideal to be honest,
but i just think due to the other higher priority tasks it hasn't been
addressed yet.

> Does the new hardware in this new build also work well in FreeBSD 12
> stable branch? The FreeBSD current is for testing purposes so we are
> very interested in how it the above mentioned new hardware work on
> stable or production version.
I run both CURRENT and 12.0-RELEASE on Ryzen with amdgpu graphics and
they work fine.

I actually use AWS instances that have the AMD Epyc CPU installed and
those work great as well - so i def feel like AMD is becoming relevant
again on both desktop and servers :)

-p

--
Pete Wright