Re: Another X server start failure

From: Clay Daniels Jr. <clay.daniels.jr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:06:36 -0500
Assuming you are running 13.0 Current, and already put the entry in
/etc/rc.conf:
kld_list="amdgpu"   #Yes, no path needed, just "amdgpu"

Having done that, try this in /boot/loader.conf

hw.syscons.disable=1  # then reboot

I'm not the expert here, but the cause is what I might call a "framebuffer
problem" with AMD graphics and drm-kmod. There were changes in August to
drm-current-kmod that  took me a while to overcome myself, but thanks to
the folks on this list, I'm back online with 13.0 Current.

Good luck,
Clay