Re: Booting anything after r352057 kills console

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:32:35 -0400
On 2019-09-24 11:58, Pete Wright wrote:

> darn, and they didn't give you any additional information in the
> messages buffer, or generate a core file?

There were no messages in the syslog and no other log that showed
anything after killing the console.  On my working BEADM boot
environment, the next message after starting ntp is:

configuring vt: blanktime

This message never showed in the syslog on any of the 'black screens'.
I looked over the changes made between r352057 and r352064 and nothing
'vt' related popped up.  I have not built anything between these 2
releases and probably should in order to help narrow the problem.  I
originally updated to r352304 and killed my system and was reverting
back toward r352057 by splitting the difference by half.  The problem
was still there in r352064, so I stopped and asked for help.

This problem did not generate a core and building GENERIC with the DEBUG
symbols did not add any more information.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1