mount -t zfs … and (RFC, 7452) zfs mount -o mountpoint=…

From: Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 20:46:42 +0100
Re: ZFS: OpenZFS: lost the ability to boot a BE

Allan Jude wrote:

>> To temporarily mount a ZFS filesystem:
>>
>> mount -t zfs poolname/data/set /path/here

– thanks, Allan – I have probably been given the same hint more than
once before! (Rarely needed. I forget.)

Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> Is there anyway to get the zfs command to add mountpoint as
> a temporary value like it does some of the others so that
>
> zfs mount -o mountpoint=/mnt poolname/data/set
>
> would just do the right thing?

RFC: Temporary property and mount handling design changes needed to
address multiple issues. · Issue #7452 · openzfs/zfs

<https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/7452>