Re: Undefined symbol "xf86DisableRandR"

From: Niclas Zeising <zeising_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 09:35:03 +0200
On 2020-04-04 01:44, Chris wrote:
> I'm struggling with a build of 13/current on a box.
> Everything went pretty much as I might expect. But I'm stuck
> on Xorg; big changes. I read updating, and understood that
> building xorg-server with default options would DTRT. I
> I added the sysctl(8) line for the keyboard, installed
> my video driver (nvidia), and also followed advise in
> pkg-message.
>
> Starting Xorg resulted in:
> ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so:
> Undefined symbol
> "xf86DisableRandR"
>
> So I searched the interweb for solution(s), and found a
> shell script in pr(1) 196678. Ran it, and was informed that the
> xf86-input-evdev driver was not installed. I installed it. But
> the results were the same.
>
> Thoughts? Solutions?
>
> Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

Hi!
Are you using the nVidia driver version 304 by any chance?  That version
of the nVidia driver does not support xorg-server 1.20, and since it's a
binary driver there is not much we can do about it.  I suggest you talk
to nVidia about getting the driver to support xserver 1.20.
Regards
--
Niclas Zeising