Re: Working on Zoom port

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:59:28 -0700
On 4/12/20 12:26 PM, Eric McCorkle wrote:
> All,
>
> Given how Zoom is getting used a lot more these days, I've started
> working on a port that installs the Zoom linux client.
>
> Here is a link to my github if anyone wants to help:
>
> https://github.com/emc2/freebsd-ports/tree/zoom
>

> I'm not done yet.  The zoom linux client installs a bunch of Qt
> libraries in its own directory.  These either need to be installed with
> a port, or else the right configs need to be set to search for libraries
> there.
>
> I'm going to take a break, but I'm going to circle back to this.

Thanks Eric, I remember trying to get this working several months ago
via the linux compatibility layer and got stuck.  i hope to take another
wack at it based on your repository.  in my ideal world i'd be able to
get this working in a jail via, but i think just getting the bits to
work is probably the most important task.

i've had working solutions based on jitsi and riot.im with acceptable
performance, so i suspect our webcamd bits are in good enough shape to
support this.  interested to see how how this effort progresses :)

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete_at_nomadlogic.org