Re: PCIe NVME drives not detected on Dell R6515

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 13:18:20 -0600
> On Apr 17, 2020, at 11:46 AM, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz> wrote:
>
> Scott Long wrote on 04/17/2020 18:17:
>> You are correct about Intel vs AMD.  Comparing the full output of pciconf from FreeBSD with the fragment of lspci from Linux suggests that there’s at least one set of a PCIe switch and child devices that is not being enumerated by FreeBSD.  Can you send the full output of `lspci -tvv` from linux?
>
> Sorry for my late reply. Booting the Linux SystemRescueCd is too slow.
>
> lspci -tvv output is attached
>
> I tried to connect to SOL by SSH but it shows black screen only.
>
> lspci shows drives:
>
> Intel Corporation NVMe Datacenter SSD [3DNAND, Beta Rock Controller]
>
> Kind regards
> Miroslav Lachman

It looks like pcib12 and pcib13 in FreeBSD should be the bridges that have the NVMe devices behind them, but those devices aren’t showing up.  I don’t see any obvious code in linux to handle those bridges, so there must be something subtle that we’re missing in FreeBSD.  Maybe we’re having trouble enumerating above PCI bus 128?  I think that was a problem a few years ago but I also thought it was fixed.  Can you do the following in FreeBSD:

pciconf -lBc pcib12
pciconf -lBc pcib13

Thanks,
Scott